For some people, brunch is their first meal of the day (me looking at you late wakers). Brunch indeed is a very special time, and you know what will make it even more special? A tasty dish as your healthy brunch ideas.
Now, isn’t waking up tiring enough? How will we have the energy to cook a meal and that too tasty? Probably the most lighted question that will arise in everyone’s brain. Cooking is a mere dream for some, let alone cooking a good meal. So, most people opt for easy brunch ideas.
But hold on a second, don’t give up just yet, and imagine this with me. Imagine waking up on Sunday, you look in the fridge, and dang! You ate the last slice of the pizza at 2 am while binging How I Met Your Mother, now you literally have no retro-meal to eat. YOU NEED TO COOK! Well, don’t be scared and read along to find the best and healthy brunch ideas to make your Sunday the perfect one.
Here are 3 delicious brunch ideas that you can cook easily at home:
Mac and Cheese
Mac and Cheese is probably the most famous comfort meal in the western countries. The possible reason for its fame might be because it suits best to them as per their taste preferences. There are many ways to requirement of making a tasty mac and cheese, but the most crucial need is for it to be creamy and cheesy.
Here is the recipe of one of the most classic way.
- 2-3 Teaspoons of butter (preferably unsalted)
- 3-4 spoons of plain flour
- 1/3 cups of macaroni
- 2 and ½ cups of milk
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ½ tsp. of pepper
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese (caste it to shred)
STEPS TO MAKE MAC AND CHEESE-
- Boil the macaroni for 5-6 minutes. Keep stirring it uniformly and make sure it properly soaks the water. Take it out and drain it until it becomes smooth and ready for the next step.
- Separately, melt all the butter over the temp. of medium heat. Keep stirring it until it caters equally to the surface.
- Add all the cups of milk, one by one to the butter paste. Keep stirring it consistently and continuously.
- After one minute, add the plain flour. Stir the present paste passionately. Constantly whisk the whole batter until it reaches a state where it is not too thick and not-to-thin. Keep adding milk if the paste is too flat.
- Turn the heat up for few seconds and let it bake. Then lower the heat.
- Now add the cheddar cheese and mix all of it well. Wait till the cheese is properly melted.
- Add salt and pepper to bring out the best taste of this mac and cheese.
- Upon the classic look of mac and cheese.
- Serve it in a bowl. It is ready to be served.
- But if you want a baked mac and cheese, put the bowl in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at the temperature of 180 degrees Celsius.
- Serve it and enjoy it with your favorite drink!
Bread Pizza Sandwich
Pizza is literally everyone’s favorite but baking it is not easy, we all know that. It also is quite time consuming. For you ‘za-lovers, here is the recipe of the easiest and tastiest way of enjoying the beauty of the epic of all food, Pizza.
- Needed bread slices.
- Preferred Veggies, mainly capsicum, olives, onion, and tomato.
- Pizza sauce or schezwan sauce (chutney)
- Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. Of butter
- Mozzarella cheese
STEPS TO MAKE BREAD PIZZA SANDWICH-
- Take two slices of bread. Trim the brown edges off of both the bread slices.
- Apply the bunch of butter all over the slices of bread, and spread it equally.
- Take the 2 tps. of pizza sauce or schezwan sauce and spread it equally on both the bread sliced. Apply as per your taste preference.
- Spread the shredded cheddar cheese upon both the bread slices.
- Cut the veggies in small proportion and put them on either bread slice.
- Take a spoons bite of mozzarella cheese and put it on both slices. Make sure it is evenly cast.
- Now bring it together as a sandwich.
- Put the sandwich in the preheated oven. Bake it for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Enjoy the mini pizza and a sandwich. TOGETHER.
Some people prefer health with taste. And it is tough to find this combination. But you worry no more, here presented is the recipe of Sprout Salad. It is easy, tasty and full of fitness. Get those carbs die and make your Sunday a not-cheat-day.
- A bowl of sprouts (your preferred type)
- 2 tomato
- 2 Onions (spring)
- A small bowl of curd (low fat)
- 2 tsp. of lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
STEPS TO MAKE SPROUT SALAD-
- Soak the sprout overnight.
- Wash it once again and caste it in a bowl.
- Cut all the veggies in short crumps and add them to the sprout.
- Mix it all well.
- Take the curd and add the lemon juice to it. Grind it for a minute. After the grind, dd the salt and pepper according to the taste preference.
- As a dressing, spread it beautifully on the pre-prepared salad.
- Enjoy this best, health-flavoured salad.
Well, there you go. Here are 3 dishes you can prepare as healthy brunch ideas and binge upon. Make your Sunday the best it could and enjoy these ideas for brunch at home!
read also: 11 things to know before you turn vegan