There are far too many products on the market for oily and dry skin, but only a few for combination skin. But do you require a unique one for this category? Yes, and because everyone’s needs are different, you can make your own summer face masks for combination skin. Combination skin has oily and dry patches. If you have combination skin, your forehead, chin, and nose (T-zone) will be oily, while the skin around your cheeks and mouth will be dry.
Do you see why we say it requires special attention? Because you must address the needs of both the oily and dry skin regions. You must care for your dry skin, especially during the summer when you must reduce oiliness and grease.
11 DIY Face Masks For Summer
1. Honey, Yogurt, and Rose Water Face Mask
- In equal parts, combine honey, yogurt, and rose water (about 1 tbsp each).
- Apply evenly to the face.
- Apply it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash off with plain water.
Honey and yogurt are well-known for their skin-cooling properties. They will help to combat dryness and moisturize your skin. Rosewater will control oiliness while adding freshness to your skin, especially during the summer. It is also a good sun protector.
2. Cucumber Face Mask
- Grate half a cucumber and mix in 1 teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of milk cream.
- Use this on your face.
- Apply two cucumber slices to your eyes.
- When dry or after 15 to 20 minutes, wash off.
3. Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti) Face Mask
A major ingredient in almost all face masks made in Indian homes and even those sold in the market. Multani mitti, by itself, has the potential to aggravate dry skin conditions. It is best to always add rose water to the mixture to ensure that your skin receives the necessary moisture.
- Combine multani mitti and rose water in a bowl.
- Apply to your face until it dries, then rinse with warm water.
4. Papaya and Banana Face Mask
- Mash some papaya and banana together.
- Now combine the above ingredients with some honey.
- To make a smooth paste, thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Apply to your face and wait for it to dry.
- Wash off with plain water.
5. Oats and Almonds Face Mask
- 10 almonds should be soaked in water and left to soak overnight.
- Grind these into a paste the next morning.
- Mix in 1 tbsp oats, 1 tsp honey, and as-needed yogurt to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this to your face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash off with plain water.
6. Tomato, Curd, and Lemon
Grate a tomato and mix it with some curd and lemon drops. Combine all the ingredients and apply them to your face. Massage for a minute or two in a circular motion. Leave the mask on your face for another 10 minutes before washing it off with water. During summer, it is one of the best and most rejuvenating face masks.
Tomato, which is high in antioxidants, acts as a natural bleaching agent. It also helps to tighten pores and acts as a toner. Furthermore, lemon promotes skin lightening and exfoliates the skin.
7. Chickpea Flour, Turmeric, and Cucumber
- In a small container, combine a spoonful of besan and a pinch of turmeric.
- Grate half a cucumber and squeeze out the water to make cucumber juice.
- Mix it into the dry ingredients until it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply to a clean face and neck and leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it with normal water, and you’re done!
This mask was created by combining the best kitchen ingredients to combat greasiness, dehydration, acne, and inflammation. Chickpea flour, also known as besan, is another pantry staple that can also be used as a face mask for glowing skin. When combined with turmeric, it draws oil from the skin and fights bacteria and germs. Finally, using cucumber juice as a mixing agent will instantly cool irritated skin and combat heat boils. Cucumber, which is 96% water, is also an excellent skin hydrator.
8. Rice Flour and Yogurt
- In a bowl, combine two spoons of rice flour and one spoonful of yogurt.
- Mix well to make a smooth paste and remove any clumps of rice flour that may have formed.
- Allow this to sit on clean skin for 10 minutes.
- If you have extremely dry skin, you can keep it for a longer period.
- To exfoliate, gently rub the rice flour granules into your skin in circular motions.
- After washing it off with water, avoid using a face wash.
Rice is well-known for its brightening qualities. It is, in fact, a key ingredient in Korean skincare. Summer dullness can be banished with rice flour. Combine it with some yogurt to add moisture and glow. Greek yogurt, like regular yogurt, is high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe the skin. Yogurt can also help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
9. Sandalwood Powder and Milk
- Mix one or two spoons of sandalwood powder with two spoons of milk in a bowl.
- Make a thin paste out of it and apply it to your skin.
- Wash it off with normal water after leaving it on for 10-15 minutes.
In the books, sandalwood powder is a hero element that does everything! It fights acne-causing bacteria, soothes sunburn, removes uneven and unwanted suntan, exfoliates the skin, and reduces signs of aging such as dry skin and wrinkles. This concoction, when combined with milk, will give you plump, well-rested, and healthy skin.
10. Avocado Mask
- Mash 1/4 avocado in a small bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp rolled oats or oat bran and 1 tbsp manuka or raw honey.
- Mash and combine the ingredients until well combined.
- For 10 minutes, apply the mask to a clean, dry face.
- Rinse with lukewarm water before applying moisturizer.
11. Cocoa Dream Mask
- In a small bowl, mash 1/4 avocado.
- Mash in 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon honey.
- For 10 minutes, apply the mask to clean, dry skin.
- Rinse with lukewarm water before moisturizing as usual.
This delectable, entirely edible mask has three shining stars that all work wonders for your face. Avocado is extremely moisturizing, cocoa is a potent antioxidant that soothes the skin, and honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
All of these ingredients have distinct properties that, when combined, address the needs of combination skin. However, a patch test is recommended before using any face mask because some of these ingredients may cause an allergic reaction. To reap the benefits of these face masks, include them in your skin care regimen once or twice a week.
Read also – 10 Nutritious Foods For PCOS