Life is tough, we all know that. We have formulated our own methods and techniques to deal with its severities that sometimes work and then in other times, don’t. But to be able to come out of hard times and ultimately win, we need motivation. Motivation can inspire people to move mountains. Once a person believes in their motives, no one can stop them.
To motivate you in this hard journey of life, here are 20 famous quotes to live by.
1. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
This quote might be the perfect start. Life has to be something. Something big and worth remembering. You have to take bolds steps, do adventurous things every day, and keep rushing. If you let your life be nothing but a tiresome phase, it will be just a tiresome phase. Are we still procrastinating? Get up.
2. “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
Even when everything seems far-fetched, broken, and just done, you have to believe that there is a wide-ranged reason and a lesson hidden in it somewhere, even if it seems to be wretched. Every time you are thrown into despair, you come out to be stronger and wiser. Really.
3. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
Sometimes your ‘perfect’ plan towards achieving the ‘perfect’ goal comes out to be flawed. It might not be because of your lack of wittiness; it is just how life is. Despite mourning for it, you must start to reconstruct your plan according to the situation. Get going, and sail.
4. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
In simpler words, let bygones be bygones. Only then will your tomorrow be worth it and your today be beautiful. The past is just the time long gone that has a lesson to teach you.
5. “The only wealth which you will keep forever is the wealth you have given away.” – Marcus Aurelius
Yes, really, we don’t get to take our treasures to the afterlife. When we are gone, our precious things remain strayed. Give them. Give them to those who actually need them. In that way, you will always be remembered with love and respect while flourishing in the hearts of people.
6. “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goal.” – Michelle Obama
There will be thousands, and maybe even more people that will come into your life to be nothing but a hurdle between you and your big dreams. It is important to never stop yourself from being everything you can. Don’t let anybody pinch even a single brick of your plan. It is yours.
7. “Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.” – C. S. Lewis
Exactly. Now take a moment, breathe and think about the things that you are aching for, the thing that you think is going to make you happy, now scrutinize whether it will stay with you forever or not, because if not, it is not worth your attention to that extent.
8. “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link
I get it. Being in bed with a soft quilt wrapped around us and binge-watching Netflix is fun. But is that how you are going to be the next Elon Musk? No, my friend. You need to stand up and fight away your fears. And you can only do so when you begin to take steps for it.
9. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Mark Zuckerberg
After Facebook was blooming good, he took a risk in blooming Instagram and look where his apps are now, doing better than Facebook. If you take risks, you might fail but if you don’t take risks, you are definitely a failure. It is all in your hands.
10. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” – Albert Einstein
Are you still conceptualizing creativity as disproportional to intelligence? Hear this wisest man talk now.
A creative person has the wisdom of creating something extraordinary out of a monotonous being. There is no ulterior proof of intelligence.
11. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
If your dream one failed, get going on your second goal and then keep moving. You never come to a position where you are done. Dude, you are never done. Get going, no matter what. You can always conceive a new dream and go for it.
12. “Life is not measured by the amount of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.” – Maya Angelou
You have lived to be 90, but all you ever did in life was finish the Netflix series. Do you think you lived a good life? Is this kind of life worth remembering? Don’t say yes. You have literally wasted the most beautiful thing. So, shut off your laptop and DO THINGS THAT ARE WORTH LIVING FOR.
13. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
What type are you?
14. “Greatness is not found in possessions, power, position, or prestige. It is discovered in goodness, humility, service, & character.” – WA Ward
There is this utter happiness that you find when making others smile. Despite it sounding cheesy, it’s not found in any materialistic gesture. Life’s most important thing is to become a good person before being a rich one.
15. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it.” – Nelson Mandela
Because of no one this whole wide world is fearless, not even Hitler. Once you begin to keep moving while fighting with your fear, success is inches away.
16. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” – Dennis P. Kimbro
Apart from this quote being philosophical, psychology also says that we conceive things different than how it really is and then react accordingly. If you look at the disguised meanings and opportunities in situations, life will be quite easier for you.
17. “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
18. “If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.” – Beyoncé
Ironically, we are hearing this from the most perfect queen – Beyoncé. Anyways, being perfect is not a flex, trust me. It is just a bold façade. Everyone needs to embrace their weaknesses and flaws because those are a major part of them and their life.
19. “Begin each day with a grateful heart” – Roy Bennett
If you got to wake up today, you are already blessed. If you have a shelter, you are already blessed, if you have even a single person you love and who loves you, you are blessed. If you have food in your refrigerator, you are blessed, if you have clothes to secure your skin, you are blessed. So, be thankful and say thank you.
20. “Live life to the fullest because you only get to live it once.”